A randomized controlled trial of in-home tele-behavioral health care utilizing Behavioral Activation for depression.
This study is a randomized controlled trial in which eligible Service Members with depression will receive eight sessions of either in-person treatment OR in-home treatment delivered via webcam.
The purpose of this study is to demonstrate the safety and viability of in-home webcam interventions of Behavioral Activation for the treatment of depression. Participants who are randomized to the in-home condition will receive a laptop and webcam to use for the duration of treatment. All patients will be asked to complete assessments at mid-treatment, post-treatment, and a three-month follow-up.
Inclusion Criteria (All answers must be YES)
1. Have high-speed internet access at home
2. Meet criteria for Major or Minor Depressive Disorder
3. Service Members ages 18-65
Exclusion Criteria (All answers must be NO)
1. Must not have current suicidal ideation with intent or history of attempt within
the past 6 months
2. Must not have active psychotic symptoms or an organic mental disorder,
nor meet criteria for substance dependence
How do I refer a patient to the clinical trial?
Contact our Research Coordinator:
Ms. Karyna Boykin