T2 Pilot Programs
T2 is currently spearheading numerous efforts to leverage technology to meet the changing needs of Warriors, Veterans and their Families before, during and after deployment.
T2 Web Resource Locator
The T2 Web Resource Locator (T2WRL, pronounced “twirl”) is an online directory for resources related to psychological health and traumatic brain injury including provider locations, websites, and hotlines. The T2WRL details a broad network of care and is “geographically intelligent.” T2WRL facilitates access to care by aggregating PH and TBI information, services, treatment and support in an individual’s or family’s community of choice.
T2WRL is designed for visual appeal and ease of use. T2WRL arranges, sorts, and displays specific topics/areas of interest along with descriptive information in a technology-forward, interactive, web 2.0-style interface and allows users to see all of the resources available to them based on their geographic location and their provider preference (e.g. Military Treatment Facility, VA, TRICARE or community-based service).
T2WRL catalogs PH/TBI related websites and hotlines and includes helpful descriptions. Users see the broad range of behavioral health resources that are available near their location simply by conducting a zip code or city/state search.
The benefits of compiling all known PH/TBI resources into a centralized, searchable, easy-to-use interface are many:
- A centralized repository for PH/TBI provider locations, websites, hotlines, virtual reality clinics, support groups, and online resources allows users to be able to go to a single location to find a broad range of relevant resources.
- Reduces the amount of error and “noise” in the system by having one centralized authority.
- T2WRL offers a “Resources Near You” search feature that allows the end user to see ALL of their resource options that are physically located near them and allows the user to narrow the search results based on interest.
- Driving directions for all CONUS locations will be easily available, eliminating the need for users to have to go to another site for this information.
T2 is actively seeking strategic partnerships with TRICARE, Veterans Affairs, and other DCoE Centers and Directorates for ongoing data collection and data management requirements.
Warfighter Brain Health Portal
The Warfighter Brain Health Web Portal supports the Department of Defense community by providing brain healthcare knowledge. This Web portal uses a targeted question and answer format, and includes best practices and expertise for four intended audiences: Warriors, Families/Friends, Providers and Leadership. The portal archives resources, links to other organizations, and is consistently updated.
- All resources will be available to end users within three (3) clicks upon entering the website.
- Offers up-to-date Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) answered by Subject Matter Experts.
- Allows users to submit questions to be answered by a Subject Matter Expert.
- All information is viewable without requiring users to log in or create an account
Program reaches out to all of the military services, wounded warriors groups, and PTSD/TBI clinicians.